Tuesday, December 19, 2017

DentalWorks Polaris--In the Mall

Worse dental experience ever! It started with a long wait time in which I had to ask repeatedly when I was going to be called for my cleaning. When I was finally called, the tech couldn't take the x-ray because she was making mistakes with the machine and had to take them repeatedly. I sat there with a x-ray mouth guard that was pinching my gums and causing intense pain. I finally couldn't bare the pain anymore and told her we needed to stop. The next stop was another exam in which a hygenist loudly proclaimed to the entire office how awful my teeth were. With every tooth she examined she gasped and moaned and stated in a voice like someone was dying, "oh honey, you are going to need some serious treatment. You have the beginning of periodontal disease. You are too young to deal with this." I was humiliated and terrified. I didn't think my teeth were that bad. Nothing hurt. Nothing was falling out. It hadn't been that long since I had been to the dentist last. I didn't understand.

 I was just about at the point of tears and just wanted her to clean my teeth, so I could leave. Then here comes the actual dentist. She sees that I have a little bit of a pooched belly (2 kids and a medical condition) and asks am I pregnant!!! I wanted to scream. If this idiot had just looked at my chart she would've seen I wasn't pregnant. If I was, then I would be about 2 months!! Who in there right mind would ask a woman that, if they're not 100% sure?? Especially if you have access to her medical history right in front of you? I was pissed off at this point. She then tells me, after 2 hours of being there for a CLEANING, that they don't have time to clean my teeth. They close early on Saturdays.
I went to the front desk so she could print out a list of all of the horrible things they saw in my mouth. I needed 2 root canals, 4 fillings, and some other crap. Not to mention, they tried to bill my insurance for the x-rays they took, that are once every 7 year x-rays and are super expensive. All this and I never even got my teeth cleaned.

Here's the kicker...I went to a different dentist a month later and they said I had ZERO cavities, I needed ZERO root canals, and they did the 7 year x-rays for free (and pain free). And guess what? They actually cleaned my teeth.

I called Polaris Dental Work and complained about the x-ray charges and they withdrew them.


No comments:

Post a Comment