Sunday, November 5, 2017

Done with Redbox

My hubby has never been a fan of Redbox, and we swore them off for a while due to the fact that rentals aren't necessarily 24 hrs (they're due back by 9pm the next night no matter what time you rent it the day before).  But somehow our kids always get us to rent from them again. So last week I had a coupon for .75 off my first night's rental and decided to rent something for my son. We returned the dvd on time and everything seemed as it should.

When I looked at my debit card statement, they charged me two separate fees. One was correct and I had no idea what the other one was. I called them and the agent told me that I failed to return a dvd on time, 3 months prior, and they decided to go ahead and charge my card for the late fee.

I had never received a notice that any dvd wasn't returned on time. I am a stickler for making sure those things get turned in on time (because I'm SO thrifty), or at least preparing myself for the ridiculous late fee. But this had been 3 months ago and there was no reason for me to think that we owed Redbox anything. I don't know many businesses that will allow you to owe a late fee for 3 months, without a word. They even continued to send promo coupons and bait me to rent from them. Now, I see why.

They apparently waited for me to rent another dvd and then used my card to pay off some late fee that I was totally unaware of, from 3 months ago. I didn't even bother to take the time to see what dvd they were referring to. I explained what a dirty business practice they had and told them they would never get another penny of my money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment