Saturday, February 1, 2014

G. Michaels Bistro & Bar


This now happens to be one of me and my honey's favorite date night spots: as long as date night is Mon-Fri 4:30-7pm. This is when it goes DOWN at G.Michaels via their happy hour! My MR. took me there almost a year ago, and I forgot to blog about it, so here it finally is. Located in German Village (Columbus,Ohio), I instantly thought parking would be an issue..it wasn't. It may have been because it was rainy and it was at the beginning of happy hour; near 4:30. Needless to say, we found a parking space in the ally right next to the bistro and quickly slid in out of the rain, while a young valet held the door open for me. The quaint dark restaurant was snug and comfortable, with people seated close enough to share a smile or exchange a few kind words but far enough away to talk privately with the person you came with. I immediately dipped into the bathroom to wash my hands (which I often do) and remember how much I loved the mirror. Ladies know why a good bathroom mirror is a bonus for any establishment!
When I returned to the table, the Mr. informed me that small plates were only $5 and, if I remember correctly, certain wine selections were $5 as well. We ordered 4 of their small plates and two glasses of red wine. Our waiter was courteous, but to the point. He didn't ask us our life story or try to win us with his personality, but he did his job - which I appreciated. I am not much of a talker so it was nice. He was all about the food. He explained exactly what we would be served and how it would be prepared. I honestly don't remember everything we ordered but I remember shrimp and grits and pork belly. I devoured everything he brought to our table. One glass of wine was perfect for the amount of food we ordered and we walked out of there having spent under $40.



Absolutely no complaints about this place. I can't wait to go back.

G. Michael's Bistro and Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment